COVID 19 Funeral Reimbursement Assistance is available:
If your relative passed away from the coronavirus, the government may help pay funeral and burial costs.
If a relative of yours died from COVID-19, you may be able to get reimbursed up to $9,000 for funeral expenses.
Who can apply to get reimbursed for COVID-19 related funeral expenses?
You can apply for COVID-19 related funeral reimbursement if you meet the following criteria, according to FEMA:
- The death must have occurred in the US, including the US territories and the District of Columbia.
- The funeral costs were incurred after Jan. 20, 2020.
- The death certificate must indicate the death was attributed to COVID-19.
- The applicant must be a US citizen, noncitizen national or qualified alien who incurred funeral expenses after Jan. 20, 2020.
- There is no requirement for the deceased person to have been a US citizen, noncitizen national or qualified alien.
- There is no income requirement.
What will be needed to apply:
The number to apply for assistance or be reimbursed is 844-684-6333. Whenever you call, you’ll need the following documentation handy:
- An official death certificate
- Funeral expenses documents
- Proof of funds received from other sources
Since the founding over 80 years ago by L. Lee McSwain, McSwain-Evans Funeral Home has maintained a reputation of caring and compassionate service. We consider it a privilege to be allowed the opportunity to honor your loved one as we serve your family.
McSwain-Evans Funeral Home is a family-owned and managed business with strong ties to the community. Greg Evans, whose parents Gene and Grace Evans spent over 40 years serving the families of Newberry County, was born and reared in Newberry and has worked with the funeral home since childhood. Our staff which consists of individuals with strong local ties is concerned about each family that we serve and strives to give individualized care and personal attention.
Conveniently located in the historic downtown district of Newberry, McSwain-Evans is available with a variety of services that can be tailored to meet your needs. Our staff is available to answer any questions you may have regarding a funeral service, be it an immediate need or prearrangement.
We trust that your visit to our web site might be a useful tool and would invite you to contact us if you have any questions.